Children cannot play and learn successfully if they are anxious or unhappy.
Our settling in procedures aim to assist Parents/Carers in helping their children to feel comfortable and confident in the pre-school.
Your key worker will help you with the settling in of your child. We recognise the settling in period takes longer for some children than others and Parents/Carers should not feel worried if their child takes a while to settle. We are happy for your child to bring in a comfort item to help them settle.
Collection of Children
We must be informed, in advance, if anyone other than the known persons is to collect your child. The contact number during sessions is 07512650699, if you are delayed and someone else collects your child, a password will need to be given.
Parents/Carers are asked to keep their children at home if they have an infection and to inform the playgroup, do not bring your child if he/she has been vomiting or has diarrhoea until at least 48 hours has elapsed since the last attack.
If children need inhalers or medicines, and these need to be administered whilst the child attends the playgroup a consent form must be signed. These medicines will be kept out of the reach of the children in a locked cupboard.
Your child will require the following named articles
Please encourage your child to wear clothes suitable for playing in, as they will get messy.
• Suitable footwear. (wellies for outside)
• Outdoor clothes (coat, hat, gloves and scarf).
• A bag to take items home in (including paintings and craft items).
• During the summer we will ask for sun hats and sun cream (to be applied
after a consent form is signed).
• Changing items, including nappies/pull ups if needed.
• Change of clothes (we do have a limited supply), please return playgroup
spare clothes to us.
• Your child may bring in a comfort item.
• A non-fizzy drink in a named drinks bottle/container. Drinking water is
available at all times and free milk and snack is available at snack time.
Registered Charity 1036707